The important functions of the officials were:
- Some officials had the responsibility to measure the lands used for the cultivation of crops and superintend the rivers in the empire.
- The management of the canal system for efficient irrigation were also managed by these officials.
- They controlled the activities of the huntsmen and also provided them suitable punishment for any violation.
- The collection of taxes were under their supervision.
- They monitor the activities of the people involved in the professions of carpentry, blacksmiths, miners and woodcutters.