Packaging refers to the process of designing and producing the container or wrapper for a product. It involves enclosing and protecting the product for distribution, storage, sale, and eventual use by consumers. Packaging can range from simple wrappers or boxes to intricate designs with functional features.
Functions of packaging:
- It helps in the product identification.
- It helps in the protection of the product from spoilage, breakage, leakage, damage, etc.
- It facilitates the use of the product to the consumers through appropriate sizes and shapes.
- It helps in the promotion of the product as a good package attracts the attention of the people at the time of purchase.
- It helps in preventing adulteration as the product is properly packed.