Packaging refers to the act of designing and producing the container or wrapper of a product. Functions of packaging:
- It helps in the product identification.
- It helps in the protection of the product from spoilage, breakage, leakage, damage, etc.
- It facilitates the use of the product to the consumers through appropriate sizes and shapes.
- It helps in the promotion of the product as a good package attracts the attention of the people at the time of purchase.
- It helps in preventing adulteration as the product is properly packed.