Communication Cycle is the process by which a message is sent by one individual and it passes through a chain of recipients. The timings and effectiveness of a communication cycle is based on how long it takes for feedback to be received by the initial sender.
- Sender: the person or entity originating the communication
- Message: the information that the sender wishes to convey
- Encoding: how the sender chooses to bring the message into a form appropriate for sending
- Channel: the means by which the message is sent
- Receiver: the person or entity to whom the message is sent
- Decoding: how the receiver interprets and understands the message
- Feedback: the receiver’s response to the message