Effective measures to reform political parties are:
- A law should be made to regulate the internal affairs of political parties.
- It should be made compulsory for political parties to maintain a register of its members.
- It should be made mandatory for political parties to give a minimum number of tickets; about 1/3 rd to its women candidates.
- There should be a quota for women in the decision making bodies of the party.
- There should be state funding of elections.
- The government should give parties money to support their election expenses in kind, for example, petrol, paper, telephone, etc., or in cash.
- Vote casting should be made compulsory in each election.
- Data regarding caste and religion, OBC, SC, ST should not be utilized during election period in any form.