On-line shopping is the purchase of products and services over the Internet using a desktop or laptop of other smart device. With the access of Internet everywhere On-line shopping is gaining popularity as it is convenient to fast paced life style of the people these days. More and more business firms are offering these opportunities because it also helps them to reduce the infrastructure costs setting up stores, hiring sales employees and merchandising.
Products such as clothes, shoes, groceries, books and larger products as furniture and home décor are offered through online shopping.
Advantages of Online Shopping
- Reduces time for customers as they can do a search from the comfort of their home and compare prices
- Reduces major infrastructure cost to the businesses
- Helps move products faster as the products move from manufacturer to the customer skipping unnecessary storage.
- Businesses benefit from immediate funds availability and mostly customers pay for the product through e-payment online.
Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Customers are not able to touch and feel the products
- Businesses have to manage the logistics of delivering products just-in-time
- The access of this shopping depends entirely on availability of Internet. This limits a large population who does not know to use the technology i.e. the remote areas.
- Businesses have to continually protect against fraud and returning of the products sold.