The settlements in the Mohenjodaro were divided into two sections.
- The first section was at the higher level but was smaller in expansion. On the other hand, the second section was at the lower level but was larger in expansion.
- The upper section was designated as the Citadel by the archaeologist and the lower section was known as the Lower Town.
- The buildings in the Citadel were constructed on mud-wall bricks.
- Citadel was walled due to which it remained separated from the Lower Town.
- The Lower Town in the city of Mohenjodaro was also walled and several of the buildings were also constructed on the raised platforms.