There are traces and evidence about the trading relationship of the Harappan people with different civilisations of the world.
- There are evidence that suggests that copper in the Harappan civilisation was brought from Oman.
- Chemical analyse have shown that both the Omani copper and the Harappan artefacts have traces of nickel suggesting common origin.
- There was also a discovery of a large Harappan jar coated with thick layer of black clay at Omani Sites.
- The Mesopotamian texts has also mentioned that they had trading relations with Magan and Meluhha (probably Harappa).
- Some of the products traded between Harappa and Mesopotamia were carnelian, lapis lazuli, copper, gold and other varieties of wood.