The Lower Town in the Mohenjodaro have numerous examples of residential buildings:
- Many of the buildings were centred around the courtyard and the rooms were spread on all the sides.
- The courtyard served as the main centre of several activities like weaving, cooking, etc.
- The residential buildings gave special emphasis to privacy as there were no windows in the walls closer to the ground.
- Houses used to have their bathrooms whose drainage system was connected to the streets.
- Another important feature of the residential houses were the presence of the wells that were generally located on the outside room of the house so that it can be utilised by other people also.