Some features of the Shrenis are:
- Generally the members of a guild or shreni had specialisation in a single craft due to which they seek cooperation with each other.
- There is evidence which proves that people belonging to different occupations organised themselves into shrenis for collective development.
- Members of the shrenis collectively invested their wealth for the economic development.
- They also make contributions to the construction of temples and other sacred places.
- Shrenis played an important role in carrying out the commercial as well as religious activities.