The Granary of Mohenjodaro was discovered in 1950 by Sir Mortimer Wheeler. This was a massive wooden structure. The Granary was well equipped with grain-storage bays. It also had air ducts to dry the grain. Archaeologists such as Wheeler have suggested that grains were brought directly from the countryside and stored in the storage bays. Many scholars have argued that the Granary was not a storage place for grains, instead it was only a massive hall, the purpose of which is not known.