Transport and communication are the basic arteries of a nation’s economy because:
- Economic development of a region or a country very largely depends upon the dense network of transport and communication.
- They link areas of production with consumption, agriculture with industry and village with towns and cities.
- They help the industry by providing raw materials and distribution of finished goods.
- They help in the development of all the three sectors: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
- They help in the balanced regional development.