Important characteristics of Public Administration are:
- It is part of executive branch of government.
- It is related with the activities of the state.
- It carries out the public policies.
- It realise the aspirations of the people as formulated and expressed in the laws.
- Waldo and other thinkers insist on the commitment and dedication to the well being of the people. Otherwise Public Administration behaves in a mechanical, impersonal and inhuman way.
- Public Administration is politically neutral.