Unique selling proposition is a marketing term which highlights unique feature of a product which is different from a competitor. It is the main positive point of a product or a service offered to its customers. It makes product stand out in competitive market because of its specific benefit offered which is not offered by competitor.
If all the products appear to be the same, prospective customers won’t know which one is right for them. Unique selling proposition helps them to differentiate among the variety products available in the market. This concept was originated by Rosser Reeves (father of USP) in his book ‘Reality in Advertising’.
- Unique: Proposition or offer should be unique and different than competitor
- Selling: Offer must be strong enough to attract new customers
- Proposition: Offer must provide to customers a specific benefit.
- Dominos: You get fresh, hot pizza delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less or it’s free.
- Head & Shoulders: You get rid of dandruff
- Dove Soap: Pprovides deep Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Lifebuoy: provides 100% better protection from germs as compared to ordinary soaps
- Tide: Provides good whitening and fragrance at low price