The beauty of Cinema advertising happens to be in its diversified media options where all kinds of opportunities exist for a brand.
Advertising is an accumulation of print, radio, television and other mediums used in conjunction with each other; but Cinema advertising is one form of advertising that sets itself apart from all other forms of advertising. It provides a 360-degree marketing environment that is uncluttered and finds the consumer in a relaxed and receptive frame of mind, perfect to get the message across.
Unlike typical advertising where an audience is made to experience an advertisement, Cinema advertising takes a plunge as compared to other forms by not pushing the audience. This act of not infiltrating the space of an audience creates a positive image of a brand and hence appeals more. In simpler terms, the audience approaches the brand instead of assertive direct marketing, also makes the process of communication unforceful and unique.
Brands can reach out to the audience but the ones that reach out to them in an immersive way takes the lead. And this strategy can only be implemented in Cinema halls and multiplexes where a product can be placed or offered to experience. An air freshener product can be installed in the washroom or sprayed in the theatre before during or after the show. This one of a kind experience to the audience gives more strength to the brand and also opens avenues to different types of ideas and innovation to reconnect with them by breaking the monotony.
Interaction with the audience is another aspect which may deeply effect the consumer’s decision to opt or buy a particular brand. In conjunction with experience, interaction opens up whole new types of avenues, the brand can use to its potential to reach out to them. As the interaction is itself dynamic in nature, an interested consumer can explore more about the product in turn giving an added advantage to the brand to earn their trust.
Keeping in mind the target age group which might come to watch a film, the demography where a Cinema is located, a brand can collect the data and information which can help them further improve their product or simply take feedback.
The beauty of Cinema advertising happens to be in its diversified media options where all kinds of opportunities exist for a brand. A brand can strictly confine it to a branding option i.e. a furniture company will only do branding on the seats of a theatre but can also make itself heard on different media formats available in the Cinema. There aren’t any limitations to explore and to make the use of the space in Cinema apart from the aesthetics of the space.
Effective movie theatre advertising can also include one-on- one promotions, partnering with events or sponsorships and can be conducted at the venues themselves, with marketing teams promoting a variety of products to consumers as they are waiting in line or approaching the theatre.
Cinema media reaches a huge target audience each month, and its advertising is approximately four times higher than ads placed on television. Movie theater advertising reaches targeted consumers with innovative messages that engage moviegoers in a highly effective manner.
Effective movie theater advertising can also include one-on- one promotions, partnering with events or sponsorships and can be conducted at the venues themselves, with marketing teams promoting a variety of products to consumers as they are waiting in line or approaching the theater.
Advantages of Cinema / Film Advertising
- It delivers your message to a captive audience.
- On-screen and lobby ads can use full sight, sound and motion to increase ad recall.
- Frequent repetition of the message insures that moviegoers see and remember your ad, building brand awareness.
- Advertiser’s company image is often boosted by the association with the movies on the big screen in full color.
- Because movie theaters are located near or in suburban shopping malls and other high-profile retail areas, ads are positioned close to point-of-purchase.
- Campaigns can be targeted by a demographic profile based on the geographic location of the movie theater.
Disadvantages of Cinema / Film Advertising
- The audience is more interested in watching movie rather than advertisements in theaters. So they reach late to theatre or they move out during intervals. So hardly attention is paid to film advertisements.
- Limited number of audience is exposed to such ads because those who go to watch movie can come across to these ads.
- These ads are having short life as they are screened only for few seconds. Also due to number of ads screened at a time it becomes difficult to remember any particular ad.
- These ads can be expensive. So large firms can only afford it.