Five features of Hazira-Vijaipur-Jagdishpur gas pipeline are:
- This pipeline is about 1700 km. long.
- Hazira-Vijaipur-Jagdishpur cross country gas pipeline links Mumbai High and Bassien with the fertilizer, power and industrial complexes in western and northern India.
- This artery has provided an impetus to India’s gas production.
- The power and fertilizer industries are the key users of natural gas.
- Use of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) for vehicles to replace liquid fuels is gaining wide popularity in the country.