Dynastic succession is one of the most serious challenges before the political parties because:
- Most political parties do not practice open and transparent procedures for their functioning.
- There are few ways for an ordinary worker to rise to the top in a party.
- In many parties, the top positions are always controlled by members of one family.
- This practice is unfair to other members of that party and is also bad for a democracy.
- People who do not have adequate experience or popular support come to occupy position of power.