Skip to content
- Red soil develops on crystalline igneous rocks in areas of low rainfall.
- Red soil is found in parts of Odisha and Chhattisgarh, southern parts of the middle of Ganga plain and along the piedmont zone of the Western ghats.
- Red soil develops a reddish colour due to diffusion of iron in crystalline and metamorphic rocks
- Laterite soil develops in areas with high temperature and heavy rainfall.
- Laterite soil is mainly found in Karnataka, Kerala and the hilly areas of Odisha and Assam.
- In laterite soil, humus content is very low.