Democracy is seen to be good in principles but not in practice because of the following reasons:
- The decision-making process in democracy is time taking, whereby justice delayed is justice denied.
- The tyranny of the majority overrides the will of the minority.
- Corruption and red-tapism dominates the functioning of democracies.
- An illiterate and uninformed electorate fails to give itself a legitimate and accountable government.
- The role of charismatic leaders and dynastic politics dominates political cultures.